Back from a break

Wow, has it really been that long since I last played in a challenge?  I took a break to take an insurance exam (that I passed - so excited!) so I didn't get too much time to get crafty.  So today I have two cards for two different challenges.  The CAS(E) this Sketch and the As You See It challenges really got my creativity going tonight.

First up is CAS(E) this Sketch.  I love sketches, they are great building blocks to make some great cards.  I used some patterned paper from DCVW, a thanks die and a starburst die in Thistle cardstock from CTMH and white cardstock.  Here's my take:

 

The second card I made tonight was for the As You See It challenge.  It was a collection challenge.  When I saw birds, it made me think of the Feathered Friends set from Paper Smooches, but I didn't know what bird I wanted to use.  Another part of the collection was to use a brad, so I searched all of my brads and found a wedding cake one, that's when I knew I had to do the bird couple and the Love Birds sentiment.  The birds are colored in with Prismacolor colored pencils.  All my paper is from CTMH, the chevron from the new Halloween collection for the stripe component and Sapphire cardstock for the dark blue and circle elements to be used.



I hope to get back into playing along with some challenges.  I have more insurance exams to take, but I'm going to take a break from them for now and probably start up with them again after the first of the year.  Thanks for stopping by!




Comments

  1. How cute is that little bird couple? And to think it was a brad - a wedding cake brad, no less- that inspired your whole design! I love the crispness of the dark blue stripes with the circles. It looks almost nautical. I'm so glad you chose As You See It Challenge to get back into playing challenges again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is superb! I love your love birds! The striped paper is a smart background for the lvoing couple and that is one amazing brad. Thanks for joining us at As You See It, and hope to see you back here when time allows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are cute...but your little love birds just made me SMILE! Cute coloring and great background! Thanks for sharing this with us for the AYSI challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment